Fall Makeup Trend: Dark Plum Lipstick
When it comes to makeup trends for lips this fall, they’re taking a trip to the deep end! We’re talking yummy plummy shades, ultra-deep wines, dramatic burgundies, and oxblood reds. I encourage you to find a little vamp in yourself and try this dark plum lipstick look. I promise, you won’t look like you shop at Hot Topic or bite bat heads off because you’ll be right on trend!
You only need three products to create this look and since it’s such a statement lip, you can go easy on the eye makeup! Follow these steps and watch my video below to see how achieve this look!
- Prep your lips by using a reverse lip liner technique. Outline the perimeter of your lips with a nude pencil like NYX Cosmetics Wonder Pencil. This will prevent dark colors from bleeding.
- Next, carefully begin to outline lips using a deep plum lip liner like Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip in 12C. It helps to make a heart shape to begin and fill in from there.
- Now fill in the entire mouth with the same lip liner using the side of the pencil and moving in short strokes. Blend it with your finger.
- Next, take a deep, oxblood red lipstick like Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet and pat it onto your lips.
- Use your finger to blend so that the purple liner to deep red lipstick color is a seamless ombre-like transition.
- Go back with your liner to refine and sharpen any lines.
- Pair with soft, brown eye makeup for a dramatic, yet daytime appropriate look.
Get more makeup tips from Ivy at Wake Up for Makeup!