Festive & Flirty Holiday Party Makeup Look
The holidays are a time when we want to take our everyday makeup and turn it up a notch! Whether it's for the office holiday party or a gift exchange with the girls, this look is perfectly festive, without being overly glittery or labor-intensive.
While our first instincts are to go for red and green at the holidays, that can feel just a little trite. You can totally modernize the classic color combination with a beautiful golden olive on the eyes and a raspberry lip! This holiday party makeup will have you jingle-bell rocking all night long!
Check out my video tutorial below to get the look yourself:
Or follow these steps for a festive face:
- Starting with a primed eyelid, apply a warm, matte brown shadow to your crease. I am using Taupe from the tried-and-true LORAC Pro Palette.
- Next, dip a dense shadow brush into the color black from the same palette, and apply to the outer V of the eye. Grab a blending brush and soften the shape.
- Take what is left on your dense shadow brush and sweep along the lower lash line.
- Wet another dense shadow brush with a setting spray like Urban Decay All Nighter or even water in a pinch. Pick up a generous amount of a golden/olive pigment like Utopia from Makeup Geek. Begin packing it onto the lid. I like to build up the intensity in layers for a metallic high-shine finish.
- Dip your blending brush back into the black, and reinforce your outer corner.
- Apply a soft black liner to the inner rim of your lower lash line. This is the fastest way to add instant drama. Maybelline Master Kajal is a good pick!
- Apply a liquid liner like L'Oreal Lineur Intense to an angled brush, and carefully apply to create a wing.
- Coat lashes with your favorite mascara. My fave is Benefit's They're Real. Apply a pair of false lashes to amp up your look to the fullest!
- For lips, Tarte LipSurgence Power Pigment in Flush will create the perfect semi-matte raspberry pout!
For more makeup tutorials from Ivy, go to Wake Up for Makeup.