Get that Model-Off-Duty Look with This Natural Makeup Tutorial
When you want to convince the world you really did wake up like this, even if you didn't, this natural makeup look is all you need. To nail the no-makeup makeup look, like that of so many models on the go, lightweight formulas and matte textures will be your BFF. Just don't be surprised if you get offered a modeling contract.
A natural makeup look like this one is simple and takes no time at all! It's perfect for hot summer days when you want to wear less or any day your skin is looking exceptionally flawless. All we're going to do is give your face a fresh, awake appearance that provides enough definition to have you looking your best but isn't too obvious. Let's get started!
1. Begin by applying a tinted moisturizer or BB cream to even your skin tone without adding too much visible coverage. You can apply with a brush or your fingers.
2. Prime your eyelids with an eyeshadow primer. Urban Decay Primer Potion is a tried-and-true pick. I like the Eden version for its subtle concealing properties.
3. Apply a matte taupe or even a matte bronzer to the crease and lower lash line. This will add subtle dimension and contour without reading "makeup." A great pick would be NYX Nude Matte Shadow in Maybe Later.
4. Press a matte, ivory shadow all over the rest of the lid. Remember, we're keeping things light and bright!
5. Apply mascara to top and bottom lashes. The most natural-looking mascaras have thin, buildable formulas that create separation and feathery definition. I like Root 100% Lash Natural Mascara and Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes for the most natural lashes.
6. Brush your brows upward, and set them in place with a clear brow gel like Anastasia Clear Brow Gel. It holds like none other.
7. Tap a cream blush onto the apples of your cheeks. This creates a very natural, flushed look; the texture melts into your skin instead of sitting on top of it. My favorite cream blush is NYX Cream Blush for a budget-friendly alternative.
8. Apply a middle-toned lip color by pressing onto lips with fingers. Look for a color that is one step deeper than your natural lip color. For a great drugstore nude pink, try L'Oreal Colour Riche in Fairest Nude as we've used here.
You may not have woken up like this, but no one will know!