Gold Eyes: How to Wear Metallic Makeup For Spring
Be a golden girl! Try this simple gold eye makeup for a rich look you can do in minutes.
Gold is the metallic of the moment, and one that was no stranger to the spring runways. I was excited to see it because it's always been one of my favorite shades when I want a bit of glamour. If you have flecks of golden brown in your eye color, gold can really bring them out and these tones are especially stunning on you blue-eyed lovelies!
Boots No7 sent me the most perfect little palette to create a warm, sunset-like eye look. The Boots No7 Stay Perfect Eye Shadow Trio in Golden has three shades for golden gradation. You'll also need a shimmery brown eyeliner, mascara, and a gold cream shadow.
Here's how to get the look:
1. Start with a primed lid and sweep the darkest color in the palette in the crease.
2. Press a gold cream shadow all over the lid like Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Shadow in Bold Gold. This will intensify the colors and anchor them.
3. Take the middle shade in the palette and press it all over the lid.
4. Press the lightest shade onto the inner corner and brow bone.
5. Use a brown metallic liner to line your lower lash line and smudge upwards into a slight wing shape. I am using the Urban Decay 34/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Smog. Tip: If you're going to smudge liner, do so right away as the waterproof formulas set entirely within 30 seconds and will be immovable after that.
6. Line the top lash line and smudge out.
7. Apply dark brown mascara to lower lashes. I am using Boots No7 Extreme Length Mascara in Brown/Black. Black would work, too, but brown softens the look.
8. Apply black mascara to top lashes. I love Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes. Pair with a pink nude lip like Revlon Colorburst Matte Lip Balm in Elusive.
Here's a Pin-able version of all the steps to make it even easier to pull off the look yourself!
For more makeup tips, tricks, and inspirations from Ivy, visit her blog, Wake Up for Makeup.