Holiday Makeup: Shiny Copper Eyes
Here is an über-metallic, copper shadow look that will fit right in at your next holiday party or New Year’s bash!
The metallic shadows will still catch and reflect light the way glitter does, but in a more modern way. I am using Stila’s new Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow in Comex Copper.
These are lovely, but there are a few things to know before using them:
- Mix together the included primer and a small amount of pigment before applying.
- Use your fingers, not a brush, to pat on the shadow. If you use a brush, even a synthetic one, it becomes chunky and flakes off. Trust me, I’ve tried!
- If you run out of the primer, eye drops work just as well. I used some gel tears eye drops and they worked perfectly.
If you don’t have access to the Stila shadows, no worries! If you have a highly-metallic powder shadow, wet a flat shader brush with either eye drops, makeup setting spray, or even water, and build the color by carefully pressing on layers of shadow. Applying a powder shadow wet will always amp up its pigment and vibrancy to enhance the finish.
Check out the video tutorial below to create this look.
The products I used to create this look are:
- LORAC Pro Palette
- Chopper and Booty Call from Urban Decay Naked 2 palette
- Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eyeshadow in Comex Copper
- Buxom Hold the Liner Waterproof Eyeliner in Call Me
- mark Get in Line Liquid Eyeliner in Painted Black
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Liner in 3C
- OCC Lip Tar in Memento
Follow these step-by-step directions to achieve a copper metallic eye.
- Begin with a primed eyelid. Apply a matte, warm brown, like Taupe from the LORAC Pro Palette, to your crease with a fluffy crease brush.
- Next, pat a shimmery copper shadow, like Urban Decay’s Chopper, all over your lid.
- Follow by using a shimmery ivory, such as Booty Call from Urban Decay to highlight the brow bone and inner corner of the eye.
- Mix a copper pigment with a liquid or primer. Sterile eye drops work well. I am using Stila’s Magnificent Metals Foiled Eye eyeshadow in Comex Copper. Using your finger, not a brush, pat all over yout lid, building up in layers to achieve a foiled, liquid metal-like finish.
- Use a black pencil liner to fill in your inner rim of your eye and smudge liner along your lower lash line with a pencil brush. Using a black liquid liner, draw a winged line on your top lash line. Coat both your top and bottom lashes with mascara.
- Line your lips with a nude lip liner. Fill in your lips with a peachy nude lip color like OCC Lip Tar in Memento.