How to Create Beach-Wedding Makeup
by More How-tos
Every woman dreams of a beach wedding. Sparkling sand, clear blue skies, the sound of light waves crashing, and the bouquet of the ocean air. If you’re lucky enough to be getting married in this picturesque setting, the last thing you want to do is spoil the scenery with a bad makeup job. Even if you’re skilled at doing your makeup in your day-to-day life, you can still benefit from these pointers on how to create beach-wedding makeup that will equal the beauty surrounding you.
Creating attractive beach-wedding makeup takes more skillful technique than your everyday makeup routine. You need to consider some unique factors, including the sunlight, the salty air, and the moisture in the breeze.
1. The most important step is to choose a foundation that can stand up to the humidity. The moisture in the air is an inevitable, uninvited guest at almost any beach wedding, and it can wreak havoc on even the most stunning makeup job if you don’t prepare for it. Humidity-proof foundation will keep your look in place instead of falling in droplets onto your gorgeous wedding dress.
2. Equally important is taking into account the natural light. Sunlight shows makeup in a different way than indoor lighting does, so you have to be aware of this fact when you choose your shades and textures. One thing you definitely want to avoid is anything with sparkles in it. The sunlight will bounce off of it and make you look like a human disco ball.
3. Remember, sunlight illuminates flaws far more than indoor lighting does. Take extra care to cover any blemishes with a matte concealer that matches perfectly with the shade of your matte, humidity-proof foundation.
4. Avoid any traces of a “mask line” around the edges of your makeup. To ward off this embarrassing occurrence, make sure you choose a foundation hue that’s just a bare shade darker than your skin tone. If you have a good facial tan going, then you may not need to go darker at all.
5. Last but not least, blend, blend, blend. Blend your foundation, your bronzer, your eye shadow—everything! Using the proper contour and blending brushes will help to ensure that your makeup looks smooth and natural, even in the brightest sunlight. This is a day of blending anyway—you’re blending your life with your husband’s and your family with his. So it shouldn’t be too hard to remember to blend your makeup, too.
Using the right techniques for applying your beach-wedding makeup guarantees you’ll be just as beautiful as your wedding’s setting.