How to Lessen the Look of a Scar with Makeup
First things first; scars are nothing you should feel you have to hide or cover up. They are earned; they are cool; and they are interesting. However, for the days when you may not agree with that or the days you'll be in front of a camera, here's how to minimize the look of a scar with makeup.
When it comes to reducing the appearance of scars, a few light layers of the right products are key. Combine the right products with the right makeup magic illusions, and your scar will be all but invisible. Just follow these 6 simple steps to kiss your scar goodbye.
1. First, apply a pore-minimizing primer with a brush. This will help to essentially fill in the scar, creating a more even surface for makeup application. Scars have a texture that's different from the rest of your skin, so a primer helps to create more grip for the products that follow.
2. Next, apply a liquid or cream foundation with a beautyblender. This application method helps to ensure that you won't have any visible brushstrokes.
3. Apply a concealer pencil one shade lighter than your skin tone directly to the scar. For scars that are recessed, especially deep scars, a light color will bring it forward and even it out to match the rest of your skin.
4. Lightly dust on translucent powder to set all your handiwork.
5. For a scar near the mouth area like our model's, you can correct your lip line with a nude lip liner.
6. Now apply a matte- or satin-finish nude lip color. A bold or deep color can attract more attention to the area.
Scar? What scar? Your skin is looking picture perfect!