Makeup Must-Try: Ombre Lips
You’ve ombre'd your hair, your nails, and even your clothing, so why not your lips? This 3D ombre effect can make your pout look bigger and more voluptuous. This look has a Nicki Minaj-meets-pop art appeal and it’s super fun for a girl’s night out!
For this makeup must-try look you only need a few different shades of lip product and about five minutes. I did this look in plums and pinks but feel fee to try it with reds, deep purples and orange tones.
You don’t need to be an artist or a master blender either. If you pick shades different enough from one another, yet still in the same color family, you won’t need to blend much. For example, if you do two pinks, make sure they are both cool, blue-toned pinks. If reds, just make sure they are both warm orange-reds.
Check out the video tutorial below to see how I created this look.
The products I used to create this look are:
- Sephora Nano Liner in Royal Rose
- Sephora Cream Stain in Endless Purple
- Glamazon Pure Performance Lipstick in Whimsy
- Smashbox Reflection High Shine Lip Gloss in Lustrous Pearl
Step-by-step directions to create ombre lips:
- Line and fill in lips with a deep plum liner like Sephora Nano Liner in Royal Rose.
- Apply a rich reddish-purple lip color like Sephora Cream Stain in Endless Purple over the liner.
- Pat a bubblegum pink like Tarte Glamazon Pure Performance Lipstick in Whimsy on the center of both the top and bottom lips, pressing your lips together to blend lightly.
- Add an additional layer of pink to really accentuate the center of your lips.
- Take a iridescent lip gloss like Smashbox Reflection High Shine Lip Gloss in Lustrous Pearl and press lightly on the center of the lips to catch and reflect light, further adding to the 3D effect.
For more makeup tips and tricks from Ivy, visit Wake Up for Makeup!