Makeup for Pale Skin: Play Up the Contrast!
When your skin is a pearly pale hue but your hair is dark as the night, you might sometimes feel that the contrast looks too stark. To balance out your gorgeous dark locks with your porcelain skin, all you need is the right makeup shades! From the classic beauties Audrey Hepburn, Kate Middleton, and even Snow White, you've got plenty of inspiration! Makeup for pale skin is so much more fun than you think. Here's a striking fall look for my fellow pale girls with brown or black tresses.
To balance out your features and the contrast of your pale skin and dark hair, we'll want to create a bit of drama on the eyes and lips. With your contrasting features, you can pull off deep shades here that others would find too much, so don't hold back! This look will create harmony and interest.
1. When doing makeup for pale skin, you'll want to define those brows for sure. This creates balance right off the bat. You likely already have fuller brows to begin with, so a brow powder is all you need. Focus on building up the tails of the brows, where the hair is most sparse.
2. Your pale skin probably could use a little color, so apply blush to the apples of your cheeks. A rosy flush looks healthy and pretty on pale skin.
3. Apply a light-reflecting shimmery shadow to the lid to create a glow and attract light to your eyes. Sometimes a dark eye with dark hair and lips can end up looking a bit much for everyday, so adding some ethereal lightness on the lids goes a long way.
4. Now, create subtle drama by lining eyes in a crisp, winged shape. You can always do black liner with your raven locks or mix things up with a deep plum or espresso.
5. Add some contour under your cheekbones if you like. Light skin can sometimes appear a bit flat, so it helps to add some dimension back in.
6. Now for the most fun part! I love to see a girl with dark hair and light skin wearing a deep, plummy lip. The drama is so stunning, and you should totally take advantage of your ability to rock this.
Now go on being your gorgeous self, girl!