Ring in the new year with a look as sparkly as your outlook: a major statement eye and your little black dress! This eye makeup look will work with any eye color so get ready to glam it up!
Before you start, a word about using glitter around your eyes. Absolutely, do NOT use glitter from the craft store or glitter sold for other cosmetic purposes (nails, for example) around your eyes. Only use glitter approved for eye use. Other glitters are often cut larger and can scratch your eye should a piece fall in.
OK, enough with the PSA. Let's get started!
1. To begin, place a matte midtone brown shadow in your eyelid crease. You can even use a matte bronzer here if you're in a pinch!
2. Next, press a matte ivory shadow onto the center of the lid, meeting the crease color. Cream from the LORAC Pro Palette works well for this.
3. Dip a pencil brush into a matte black shadow. This could be Blackout from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette or Black from the LORAC Pro Palette. Create a line that begins in your crease and extends a bit above from outer to inner corner.
4. Using a smaller crease brush, apply a bit more black shadow to your outer corner and start to blend inward.
5. Now for the best part! Apply a clear glitter adhesive to the lid. I love the Sally Gal Sparkle Effect Loose Glitter Glue. Too Faced and e.l.f. both make glitter primers.
6. Dip your finger into loose cosmetic glitter, and press the glitter all over the lid. I used silver for a classic New Year's Eve color combination, but you could rock any color you choose, including bronze, gold, or purple. Soften the outer edges of the black shadow as needed.
7. Using a smudge brush, dip into black shadow and drag it along the lower lash line, bringing the line about three-quarters of the way in.
8. Grab a black pencil liner like Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion, and line the inner rim of the lower lid. Nothing creates instant sex appeal like this step!
9. Now apply a generous coat of your favorite mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
10. Take the look to the ultimate heights of glam, and pop on some false lashes!
Finish this glitter eye makeup look with a satiny, nude lip, and go get glitzy and maybe lift a sparkly beverage.
Pro tip: If you've got excess glitter on your cheeks, wrap a piece of tape around your finger. Dab it on the glitter, and it will lift right off.
For more sexy eye tutorials from Ivy, check out Wake Up for Makeup.