You may not be ready to wake up, but get ready to wake up that tired eye area of yours! Start with eye drops if your eyeballs are more ruby than ivory. Next, down a full 8-ounce glass of water. Then, it's time to brighten under eyes. Turn on your favorite pick-me-up playlist. Let's go!
1. Begin by prepping the under-eye area with a brightening concealer like Origins GinZing. Lightly tap your ring finger on the C-shape areas around your eyes, otherwise known as the orbital bone. No rubbing! This will prep the skin by hydrating and plumping up fine lines. Then apply concealer in a triangle shape below each eye as shown. Make sure it's at least two shades lighter than your skin tone for ultimate brightening. Sweep it down the side of the nose; then angle it toward the outer corners of your eyes, and fill in. Use your fingers to blend the concealer by tapping and pressing or using a brush with gentle pressure. Set concealer by lightly dusting on a brightening powder like Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder.
2. Next, apply a cream or liquid highlighter to the very tops of your cheekbones and in those C-shape areas around your eyes. Benefit High Beam is a beautiful, pearlescent pink that reflects light in a flattering and ethereal way.
3. Now apply a soft, medium-tone shadow to the creases to lightly contour the eye area. Stila's Eden or Puppy would be good choices. Keep this shade matte.
4. Press a light, shimmery pink onto the entire lids. Urban Decay's Sin is a universally flattering shade.
5. Curl your lashes to really open up the whole eye area. This step is literally like opening the shades of the window to your soul!
6. Apply your mascara. L'Oreal Voluminous is tried-and-true. It's buildable and creates soft, feathery lashes that frame your now wide-awake eyes!
For more makeup tutorials from Ivy, check out Wake Up for Makeup.