Maleficent Halloween Makeup How-To
If you’re stressing over what to be this Halloween, look no further. Here’s how to re-create the wicked glam of Disney’s Maleficent. If you love contouring and a bold lip, this Halloween makeup look is for you!
With cheekbones that could cut glass, ruby lips, angled brows and smoky eyes, Disney's Maleficent is the perfect glam Halloween makeup look. The makeup artist created prosthetics to build up actress Angelina Jolie's cheekbones further, but you can still achieve this look with some serious contouring. Create this Maleficent Halloween makeup using makeup you probably already own!
See how to do it in my video tutorial:
Or follow these steps for a wickedly gorgeous look:
- First, apply a foundation two shades lighter than your skin tone.
- Now, apply a mauve-brown shadow to your crease with a fluffy crease brush. Press a shimmery ivory shadow all over the lid.
- Apply a metallic blackened green shadow to the lower lash line. I am using a beautiful color called Black Karat from Laura Mercier. Add a deep purple shadow to the outer corner and blend inward with a blending brush.
- Line the inner rim of the lower lid with a black pencil liner. Line top lash line with black line and smudge.
- Apply mascara to top and bottom lashes. I'm using the high-drama mascara L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga. Apply false lashes.
- Fill in brows with a gel or pencil and make them angular and dramatic. I used Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow for this step.
- Now that the eyes are completed, apply a white or nearly white concealer to the tops of your cheekbones and the under-eye area. Blend with a damp beautyblender. We are creating a highlight here to pop out the cheekbone visually.
- Set everything with a loose, translucent powder, and apply a highlighting powder to the tops of cheekbones.
- Now, on to the best part: the contouring! Grab a cool-tone brown shadow or contouring powder, and use a small contour brush to slowly build a shadow under the cheekbone. Bring it further in toward your mouth than you normally would and form a slight S-shape from the top of your ear to the corner of your mouth. Complete the contouring by extending the shadow to your temples and hair line.
- On to the red lips! Line your lips with a red liner, slightly exaggerating the shape to appear larger. Fill in with a deep red lip color like OCC Lip Tar in NSFW. For extra dimension and shine, top with a red gloss like Revlon's Colorstay Moisture Stain in Shanghai Sizzle.
- Next, create the widow's peak on your forehead with a black pencil liner, preferably waterproof.
- To fully complete the look, you'll definitely want Maleficent's horns, which can be created from wire hangers covered with black garbage bags.
For more Halloween makeup looks from Ivy, go to Wake Up for Makeup.