Our Best Makeup Tips for Aging Skin
Just because wrinkles and other signs of aging have started to take a toll doesn't mean that your makeup has to be heavy or hide any of your best features. By keeping textures light and luminous, this makeup for aging skin will make it easy to look radiant and youthful!
Our model expressed concerns about undereye bags and wrinkles, diminished brows, and a thinner upper lip. I adjusted her makeup routine in three key areas to lighten and lift for an overall more youthful and effortless appearance by focusing on the undereye area, brows, and lips.
1. To address extra-sleepy–looking undereye circles, you'll first want to color-correct. A yellow cream like Mally Perfect Prep Under Eye Brightener will neutralize purple and red tones in this area. As a result of color-correcting first, you'll actually need to use less concealer. Nothing accentuates wrinkles like packing on concealer.
2. To prevent concealer from migrating into any creases, gently tap on a loose powder.
3. Using a concealer one to two shades lighter than your skin tone, apply in an inverted triangle. This will brighten up your face much more effectively than by applying just a lightened half circle.
4. For an instant lift, nothing transforms your face like good brows! Brows thin as we get older, but it's nothing a little product can't fix. Focus on bringing the tails of your brows more upward. If your brows need a lot of filling in, try using a pomade product like Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow, which works well to create more realistic-looking hair with a stiff, angled brush.
5. As you age, you might find that your skin's color and radiance just isn't what it used to be. We can fake that using highlighter. Just brush a powder highlighter like BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector on the tops of your cheekbones and brow bone to add an instant youthful glow.
6. Lips lose collagen over time, so make sure to maximize your lip shape with a nude or pink lip liner. If you want to overdraw them, do so only slightly on the top lip, concentrating most on the peaks.
7. Fill in your lips with a cream- or satin-finish lipstick. Matte shades can accentuate texture and dryness, and a metallic finish can often do the same or just look dated and frosty.
Now what are you, about 25? Prepare to get carded.