Pucker Up: Ivy’s Favorite Winter Lipsticks
This is my favorite time of year to really put the focus on lips. Nights are darker and colder, holiday parties are popping up, and there’s something super gorgeous about a bold lip against a snowy cityscape.
With drier air surrounding us, you’ll want your lipstick formulas to be more hydrating and buttery. We all know that a fabulous lip color can be ruined by dry, flaky lips! Tip: To remove the dead skin, dip a wet finger into white or brown sugar and scrub it across your lips. This will remove those flakes and leave you with a clean, lipstick-ready kisser.
I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite lipsticks for the winter months broken down by colors. This is your guide to the best-of-the-best in lip color this season.
I can’t get enough of these sexy, dark hues. I'm coveting this black cherry lip color.
- Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Homegirl
- OCC Lip Tar in Blackened Dahlia
- Revlon Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick in Black Cherry
Nudes never go away. These formulas are super creamy and feel great on.
- Tarte Glamazon Pure Performance 12 Hour Lipstick in Pure
- Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Liar
- Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Muscat
Don’t abandon the bold colors just because it gets dark at 5 p.m. I love purple berry shades, vivid pinks and hot orange, even in these cloudy, cold months.
- Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids in Vibrant Mandarin
- L’Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in I Pink You’re Cute
- Stila Color Balm Lipstick in Gemma
Red never dies, although it can get a little more wine-colored. I love the following reds for their more dramatic nature.
- OCC Lip Tar in NSFW
- Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense in 41
- Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Red Velvet