Ring In The New Year With This Gorgeous Glitter Lip Makeup Tutorial
Your New Year's Eve kiss might be a little messy, but this glitter lip makeup tutorial is the only accessory you'll need.
If you're looking to turn heads, this is definitely the tutorial to do it. With the rise of Pat McGrath's insanely beautiful glitter lip kits and the art of adding glitter to everything from makeup products to the roots of your hair, this DIY glitter lip tutorial is a must. Makeup artist Kati Douglas shows you how to get the look in five simple steps.
1. Prep lips with homemade lip scrub (equal parts coconut oil and sugar, with one drop of an essential oil of your choice). This gets rid of any dead, chapped skin and creates a soft and smooth base for your lip look. Rub the scrub over your entire lip area, then remove the residue with a wet washcloth or paper towel.
2. Apply lip liner to the outside edge of your top and bottom lip. Place your pinky finger in the center of your chin to help stabilize your hand and create a smooth line. Once your lips are lined, gently feather the color in toward the center of your lips with a lip brush. We used NYX Suede Matte Lip Liner in Soft Spoken, $3.99.
3. Apply lip gloss. We used Too Faced Mood Swing Lipgloss, now discontinued. You can use any clear or nude lip gloss for this step.
4. Use your finger or a lip brush to gently coat your top and bottom lip with loose glitter. Place your pinky on your chin to help stabilize your hand for smoother strokes. Apply enough glitter to completely cover the sticky gloss. We used Vanity & Glamour Glam Glitter in Royalty, $5.
5. Use concealer and a small brush to clean up the area around the outside of your lip, and create a sharp, defined line. We used Morphe Concealer in Nude, $4.99.
Pair your gorgeous new lip look with The World's Easiest Smokey Eye and you're good to go. Don't be afraid to carry your lipgloss and a little bit of extra glitter in your clutch to touch up your makeup between drinks, snacks, and smooches.