Stunning Wedding Makeup for Beach Brides
So you're getting married on a beach? Congratulations, you lucky lady! I'm sure you've thought about your dress, decor, and hair, but what about your wedding makeup? A beach bridal makeup look should be a little more relaxed and a little more sultry and should be able withstand the possible heat and humidity of a tropical locale. This look is also so simple you can do it yourself!
So, you're going to be a beachy bride, saying your vows with sand between your toes and sea breeze in your hair. That's wonderful! We have just the wedding makeup for you. But before you get started on the big day, make sure you have all the tools you need: a shimmery bronze powder eyeshadow like Urban Decay's Snakebite, a waterproof black pencil liner like It Cosmetics No-Tug Waterproof Gel Eyeliner, waterproof mascara, false lashes (optional), a lip stain like The Balm Stainiac or Benefit Benetint, and setting spray like Urban Decay's All Nighter.
1. Apply a bronze shadow to entire lid, and sweep along your lower lash line.
2. Sketch a black pencil liner along your top lash line.
3. Immediately smudge liner out with a brush. The appeal of this look is the soft, sexy, lived-in look.
4. Apply waterproof mascara to your top and lower lashes. Even if you don't anticipate tearing up, wind, rain and humidity can still wreak havoc on your eye makeup.
5. Apply false eyelashes if you'd like. If you've never worn them before, feel free to skip this step. The last thing you want to be fussing with on your wedding day is eyelashes.
6. Dab a berry-toned lip stain onto lips with your finger, pressing the color onto your lips. Most lipstick is made with wax—which tends to melt in the sun—so a stain is ideal for the beach bride!
7. Spritz a setting spray all over your face. This is a crucial, not-to-be-skipped step!
For more makeup tutorials from Ivy, check out Wake Up for Makeup.