Summer Makeup Look for a Night Out
Have romantic plans for this weekend? Spice things up with this sultry summer makeup look, perfect for an evening out.
There's something about a hot summer night that makes me want to go all out with sexpot in my makeup. There's also nothing more beautiful than a summer sunset, and we're going to miss them so much in a few months. So, to memorialize one of my favorite times of year, I created this summer makeup look that epitomizes steamy nights and gorgeous sunsets. Follow the steps below or follow along with my video tutorial to try the look yourself!
- Apply a matte, burnt orange shadow to the crease with a precision crease brush. I'm using Fire from Stila's In the Know Palette.
- Next, dampen a shadow brush and apply a loose gold pigment like NYX Ultra Pearl Mania in Mink.
- Use a small, angled brush to apply a deep, matte black on the outer corner only. Blend and soften out with a fluffy blending brush. Blend ever so slightly into the crease. Drag a bit on the outer three-quarters of the lower lash line as well.
- Now, take a black liquid liner pen and sketch a very thin, slightly winged line along the top lash line. I'm using the Too Faced 3-Way Lash Lining Tool.
- Line the inner rim of the lower lid with a black pencil liner like Sephora 12HR Contour Pencil in Black Lace.
- Use a copper/gold glitter liner and dab on the inner corner. I'm using Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Midnight Cowboy.
- Apply mascara to both the bottom and top lashes. I'm enjoying the L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga lately.
- On to cheeks! Add a healthy flush with a matte peach blush like Smashbox Halo Long Wear Blush in Peachy Dream.
- Next, use a light bronze highlighting powder to highlight the tops of the cheek bones. I am using Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips in Vegas Strip.
- For the lips, just apply a melon-color lip stain like Revlon's Colorstay Moisture Stain in Milan Moment.
For more great makeup tutorials from Ivy, visit Wake Up for Makeup.