Super Easy Mermaid Makeup for Halloween
Everything's better down where it's wetter; take it from us! This sparkly mermaid makeup look is perfect for any Halloween party on your calendar.
The toughest thing about creating a stunning mermaid costume isn't your fins or your seashell bra; it's figuring out how to "fishify" your face without looking, well, fishy. The key to successful mermaid makeup is balancing shimmer and shine and going easy on the scales (although adding a few more than we did is totally allowed). Just follow these directions; you'll be looking more sultry siren and less rainbow fish in no time.
1. Apply a neutral eye base all over your eyelids from lashes to brows and out to the temples. MAC Paint Pot is a great option. It helps keep your eyeshadows in place all night long.
2. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, apply lavender eyeshadow all over the eyelids, from lashes to brows and out to the temples.
3. Using a fluffy eyeshadow brush, sweep a purple eyeshadow that's one shade darker into the creases and the inner corners of the eyes.
4. Blend a sky blue eyeshadow from the outer corners of the eyes to the temples.
5. Brush a white gold shimmery eyeshadow onto the tops of your cheeks up to your temples.
6. Next, contour your cheekbones with a plum blush.
7. Line the top and inner rims of your eyes with a black liner.
8. Smudge the sky blue eyeshadow underneath your eyes using a flat eyeliner brush.
9. Apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
10. Now, it's time to add a little embellishment to the look. Use eyelash adhesive to glue light-colored sequins and tiny rhinestones to the tops of your cheeks and temples. If you're having trouble, use tweezers to apply. We added sparkle to only one side of the face, but feel free to embellish both sides and some of the forehead for a truly underwater look.
11. Finish off the look with a natural pink lip gloss.