Valentine’s Date Night Makeup Look That Will Make Him Swoon
Valentine's Day—or date night on steroids—allows for makeup that's a little more special. Here's a date night makeup look that's sure to romance your sweetheart.
If you're aiming for a look that's guy-friendly but still an amped-up, sexier version of your everyday look, this date night makeup look is right on the money. We'll be using yummy colors like mauve, rose, cocoa, and hot chocolate — but keeping textures primarily matte so this look stays soft, natural, and romantic.
Follow along with these step-by-step instructions:
- Beginning with primed lids, sweep a matte, reddish-brown shadow like Cocoa Bear from Makeup Geek in your creases with a crease brush.
- Next, dip a flat shader brush into a matte rose color like Makeup Geek's Cupcake and pat all over the lids.
- Using a blending brush, place a matte, dark chocolate color like Stila's Earth at the outer corners of the eyes, blending inward into the creases and lids.
- Take a small flat shader brush, and place a shimmery pink shadow like Urban Decay's Scratch at the inner corners of the eyes only.
- Dip a pencil brush into Stila's Earth, then Makeup Geek's Cocoa Bear, and smudge along the lower lash lines.
- Dip an angled liner brush into a gel or cream liner that isn't black. I used Inglot's Eyeliner Gel in #89, which is a really subtle plummy brown. Create very slight wings.
- Apply mascara to top and bottom lashes. I used Smashbox Full Exposure, but feel free to use whatever you like! I'm not using false lashes because I want the look to remain soft, romantic, and somewhat natural.
- Apply a nude lip liner like Sephora's Nano Liner in Radiant Rosy to the entire mouth. I am connecting the peaks of my top lip to add the appearance of fullness to my lips in a non-Kylie Jenner fashion!
- Now apply a pink gloss like Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Stained Gloss in Hedonist. The liner and gloss together will create the perfect flirty pink shade.
For more makeup tutorials from Ivy, visit Wake Up for Makeup.