Valentine’s Day Makeup: How to Get a Romantic Look He’ll Love
Embrace a classic palette of pinks and reds to get this sweet-as-candy Valentine's Day makeup look perfect for date night with your honey.
Whether you celebrate the day with your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, BFF, or even a pet, Valentine's Day makes for some serious makeup inspiration. It's a day to embrace passionate reds, flirty pinks, and sexy berry hues. I was inspired to create a versatile Valentine's Day makeup look that will glow under candlelight as well as light up a night on the town. The colors are warm and inviting and the lip color is long-wearing, so it will last through smooches, eating, and drinking.
Check out the video tutorial below to see how I created this look:
Step-by-step directions to create this Valentine's Day makeup:
- Begin by sweeping a matte, light brown into your crease with a crease brush. I begin nearly every eye look this way. Lt. Brown from the Lorac Pro To Go palette makes a great crease color.
- Next, press a rose gold pigment like L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush all over the lid with a dampened flat shader shadow brush.
- Brighten up the inner corners of the eye and the brow bone with a shimmery beige like Beige from the Lorac Pro to Go palette.
- Now, take a shimmery burgundy shadow like Rust from NYX Cosmetics and press onto the outer third of the lid with a small brush. Blend the color inward with a blending brush.
- Next, line your top and bottom lash line with a metallic, brown pencil like Urban Decay's 24/7 Pencil in Smog.
- Use a black pencil liner like Sephora Contour Eye Pencil in Black Lace to line the inner rim on both top and bottom lash lines.
- Apply a generous coat of mascara to top and bottom lashes. Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes will give you soft, feathery lashes.
- Intensify your cheek color with a shimmering rose like Benefit's Rockateur.
- Give your skin that lit-from-within glow with a powder highlighter like NARS Highlighting Blush in Albatross.
- Now onto the lips! Apply a long-wearing raspberry shade like Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tar in Strumpet with a lip brush.
- Top your lip color with a shimmery, gold gloss like NARS Lip Gloss in Albatross.
I hope you have a day full of all kinds of love!
For more makeup tips and tricks from Ivy, visit Wake Up for Makeup.