What to Buy at Sephora With Your Gift Card
Did you get a Sephora gift card for Christmas? Lucky you! Here are some products that will make you happy to spend that card. These are my insider tips on what to buy at Sephora.
Beautify Your Makeup Bag
1. Urban Decay Flushed Palette, $30
With this palette, you get three products for $30: There's a matte bronzer, champagne highlighter and universally-flattering rose toned blush.
2. Too Faced The Chocolate Bar Palette, $49
This palette smells like chocolate, comes with a yummy range of colors, and has adorable packaging to boot. Need I say more?
3. Sephora Tools of the Trade Brush Set, $62
Brushes are a worthwhile investment and if properly cared for, these will last for years. The brush roll (included) is great for travel and a really nice quality.
4. Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tars, $18
You will likely never finish a tube since you're going to use 1/4 pea size. You'll still have this tar when you get your next Sephora gift card.
5. Stila Artist Essential Set, $59
This is a jam-packed kit for $59. I love the quads of shadows Stila has put together, guiding you on which colors to pair with which. The crease brush is really nice, and I love the Convertible Color. The eyeliner is so soft and smudges beautifully, and the liquid lipstick wears forever and ever and ever.
6. Smashbox Full Exposure, $49
This is a great alternative to the Naked palette, which is sold out everywhere. This set has just as much range. I love that they have a whole row of matte shades plus the shimmery equivalents to them.
7. Too Faced Beauty Blogger Darlings, $20
This is a great way to try several of Too Faced's most popular products. You will fall in love with the Chocolate Soleil bronzer. (Don't say I didn't warn you.)
8. bareMinerals Beauty in Bloom Set, $36
A comprehensive, well-priced set of univerally-flattering shades. This set would be perfect for a girl just getting into makeup.
Beef Up Your Skincare
1. Algenist The Anti-Wrinkle Collection, $52
Algenist is a cool brand backed by biochemistry. And this price is an awesome deal for three of their best products. You won't regret it.
2. Sephora Super Nourishing Lip Balm, $5
Do yourself a favor and throw this in your basket. Dr. Oz mentioned this product once, so it's hard to keep on the Sephora shelves. It's a great, non-sticky, pleasantly-scented balm with no added color or waxy feeling on your lips.
3. Soap & Glory, Good Butter Best Trio, $15
One for home, one for the office and one for your car! All are yummy smelling and perfect for dry, chapped hands.
4. Nude Skincare Essential Skin Radiance Kit, $52
I'm obsessed with the Nude ProGenius oil and considering that the full size of costs $78, this is a really affordable way to try that plus sample their other fabulous products.
- Ask for samples. Not 10, but a few. Sephora is happy to make samples of any fragrance, skincare product, foundation, etc. This way, you'll leave with products you love and hopefully find a few new favorites along the way!
- If you're planning to spend $50 or more, schedule a custom makeover. You'll get a full face of makeup from skincare to brows. This is a great way to get new ideas, ask questions and learn new application techniques.
- If your Sephora is having an event for a product launch, go. The brands send little items to give away to clients who have a consultation.
- Cruise the sale section. There are some awesome holiday sets on clearance right now.
- Ask to be color matched with the revolutionary Color IQ device. You will be able to find out if you have more yellow or red undertones and get a host of foundation, BB and CC cream options.
For more makeup tips and tricks from Ivy, visit Wake Up for Makeup!