The World’s Easiest Smokey Eye Tutorial (I Promise)
by Ivy Boyd
The holidays are fast approaching, and you’re going to be glad you watched this smokey eye tutorial, so let’s get down to business!
In seven easy steps, you’re going to have yourself a sultry, smokey eye. Anyone can do this, and with only four products! What I love best about this version is that it’s freaky fast! That makes it the perfect antidote to a last-minute invite to a social function when you have zero time to fancy up!
1. Begin by priming your lid with your primer of choice. I always use Urban Decay’s Primer Potion in Eden to correct discoloration on my lids.
2. Next, using a soft kohl liner pencil like Maybelline’s Master Kajal, sketch a medium line across your top lash line. Perfection need not apply. That’s why this is the world’s easiest smokey eye tutorial!
3. Dip a domed crease brush like e.l.f.’s Contour Brush into a deep, espresso-colored matte shadow. I am using a LORAC shadow for its intense pigmentation. Smudge across the liner, working the color upward toward the crease. You can definitely substitute a rich plum, navy, or charcoal for brown here. Avoid black, because it won’t create an interesting color gradation.
4. Using what’s left on your brush, sweep it along the lower lash line.
5. Use the brush to soften the top edge above your crease. It will have little-to-no shadow on it at this point, which makes it ideal for just blending what is already there.
6. Apply mascara to top and bottom lashes.
7. Using the kohl liner, line the inner rim of your lower lid, adding extra drama and definition.
See why this is the world’s easiest smokey eye tutorial? You’re already done! Pin the image below for later reference so you can replicate the look any time.
For more makeup tips and techniques from Ivy, go to Wake Up for Makeup.