4th of July Nails: Rock this Patriotic Mani!
Remember the red-white-and-blue banners hung out for Independence Day picnics? These festive 4th of July nails also make something memorable to bring to the picnic!
Don't these 4th of July nails remind you of the banners you used to hang above the picnic tables with twinkle lights and fireflies? To get these 4th of July nails, you'll need a red (like OPI Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It), a blue (like China Glaze Man Hunt) and a white polish (like OPI Alpine S). You'll also want a detailing brush and a dotting tool, both of which you can get in this awesome set of brushes.
1. First polish your nails with white.
2. Then paint a slanted line with red near the top third of your nail and fill it in.
3. Starting from the lower corner the red line, paint a blue line going in the other direction and fill it in. This will leave a nice white triangle in the middle of your nail. As a bonus, the white base will also make your blue and red pop!
4. Dip your dotting tool in the red polish and place dots along the lines of the white triangle.
5. Clean your dotting tool in acetone; then dip it in blue. Place the blue dots along the line of the red section as shown.
6. Clean the tool again, and do the same dotting along the blue section with white polish.
Top it with a quick-dry, clear top coat to protect your design. This will conform all the dots and the layers of polish to one level and give a nice smooth finish. My absolute favorite top coat is Seche Vite quick-dry. It goes on smooth and shiny, and dries quickly. What more could you want?
Happy 4th of July, everyone!
For more nail art from Katy, go to Nailed it.