Christmas Nails: Have a Holly Jolly Mani
Deck the halls with boughs of holly, and then deck your digits with this holly-inspired mani. These cute Christmas nails are sure to bring happy holiday cheer to your hands; plus they're easy!
All I want for Christmas is fun Christmas nails! You'll need to pick your colors, plus have a base coat, a topcoat, a large dotting tool, and a tiny brush for painting details. I'm loving this nail art set for getting all your tools in one perfect pretty package.
1. After applying a protective base coat, lay down two layers of white. I used Purity from Zoya.
2. Grab your green (I used Posh from Revlon) and your detail brush, and make 6 small dots in the pattern shown. The pattern consists of a top, a bottom and two guide dots along each side.
3. Play connect the dots by painting loose arches between each dot. It should look something like mine here. (Don't worry if your lines aren't perfect—you'll be filling them in.)
4. Fill in the leaf with the green polish.
5. Repeat steps 2–4 to add another leaf.
6. With a big fat dotting tool and red polish (like Coca-Cola Red from OPI), place two red berries at the base of your leaves. Pop your berry with a little shine mark in white.
In my interpretation of this look, I wanted to make a traditional French manicure into something a little more festive. I added a fancy gold line below the white tip and then painted my little mistletoe masterpiece on top. How festive!
For more holiday nail art and tutorials from Katy, visit Nailed It.