Christmas Tree Nail Art Design
In order to get the ultimate Christmas nails, I thought it only made sense to start with two well-known holiday symbols: snow and a Christmas tree.
Even though I live in an area that doesn’t get any snow in the winter, it’s still a sign of Christmas for me. Maybe it’s because of the snow-filled songs or the fact that Santa rides on a sleigh, but when I think of Christmas, I think of snow as well. As for the tree, putting up a tree is tradition and most homes have one displayed in their windows. It wouldn’t be Christmas (for me) without these two things, so I turned them into a festive holiday nail design that is sure to get you in the Christmas spirit!
I know these designs look hard to do, but they were both pretty easy to make. I didn’t use anything fancy, unless you think a dotting tool is fancy. If you don't have a dotting tool, you can make your own at home using a toothpick, a sewing pin, the tip of a ballpoint pen, a pencil tip, a bobby pin, or anything else you might think of. The other tools I used were just your basic Scotch tape and scissors in order to make a near perfect Christmas tree cutout.
Follow these surprisingly simple steps to recreate this snowy Christmas tree nail art design:
- Start with a clear base coat before applying a coat of black polish to every nail except for your ring finger.
- Instead of black, apply a thick coat of white nail polish to your ring finger.
- You’ll use your dotting tool to create the snowy look. Start by tapping dots of white polish in clusters, very close to the tips of your black nails.
- Once the tip of each nail is covered, continue the dots going up your nail. Make these gradually more spread out as you get closer to your cuticle.
- For your ring finger, you’ll need to fold a piece of tape in half, making sure you can pull it back apart. Do this by folding down a corner from one of the raw edges.
- Using your scissors, cut out half of a tree shape so that when you open it, you’ll have a whole tree. Think about making three snips for the three tiers of the tree.
- Pull on your neat tab to open the tape and place the tree cutout on top of your ring finger nail.
- Paint a coat of red polish over it and peel off the tape before it dries.
And that’s it! A snowy Christmas tree design that’s sure to bring good tidings this holiday season!
For more nail art by Jocelyn, visit Polishpedia.com