Feeling Frisky? Try this Glam Glitter and Leopard-Print Nail Design
Leopard print is a fun and popular design that is super-easy to create. It's also easy to embellish and customize. I painted mine in fall-appropriate shades and added glitter to celebrate the new season! Follow this easy tutorial to create leopard print nails that are sure to impress all your friends.
Leopard print nails continue to pop up everywhere, from Pinterest to the runway. Any shade you pick is guaranteed to add a dash of whimsy to your fingertips. This particular style uses different sizes of ovals and circles to create a feline-inspired look that will have you saying "Meow!" And all you have to do is paint a triangular shape using striping tape and add leopard print. Choose warm neutrals as I did or bright neons for an edgy, alternative look.
You'll need a base coat, a topcoat, a nail art brush, striping tape, and nail polishes in nude, white, black, and glitter. Follow these simple steps to get the look!
1. Paint your base coat. Once completely dry, use tape or striping tape to create a triangular space in the center of your nail.
2. Paint in the triangle carefully using the brush from the bottle and a light nude color; I used OPI "Be There In A Prosecco."
3. Remove the tape while the polish is still wet to create a neat line. You can also touch it up if any of the original base color was lifted off by the tape.
4. Using a nail art brush and white nail polish, add small oval and circular shapes to your nails to start forming your leopard print nails. These don't need to be neat, and they can be completely random.
5. Using a cut-down nail art brush and black acrylic paint or black nail polish, outline your white shapes and then paint black shapes among them to create the leopard print.
6. For extra pizzazz, add glitter to the sides of the triangles. I used Essie "Beyond Cozy." Then, when dry, add a clear topcoat to seal the design.
That's all! Your nails are ready for the office or your red carpet debut. For more nail art from me, go to One Nail to Rule Them All.