Glitter Gradient Merry Christmas Manicure
With Christmas just around the corner, I’ve been experimenting with festive nail art. The holidays just don’t seem complete without a festive nail spruce up. At this time of the year you can never go wrong with a bit of glitter on your nails, whatever the color may be. These glitter gradient nails are perfect for the season. They’re fittingly festive and ideal tip wear for all of the parties you’ll be attending! Check out more holiday nail art designs I created here, here and here.
For this nail art design you’ll need:
- Red nail polish
- Red glitter nail polish
- Gold glitter nail polish
- Make-up sponge
Follow my easy, step-by-step directions to create this Merry Christmas manicure.
- Paint your nails with one or two thin coats of red nail polish. I’ve used Barry M Gelly Red.
- Top it with a thin coat of Red Glitter like the one in The New Black’s Glimmer Twins set
- When your glittery base is dry, take a makeup wedge and paint a little gold glitter on to the edge.
- To create the gradient effect, lightly dab the gold glitter over the tips of your nail, relieving pressure as you get closer to the cuticle. Repeat until you’re happy with your sparkly tips.
- Finish off with a top coat to seal it with super shine and make your nail art last.