Since watching and reading The Great Gatsby this summer, I’ve become obsessed with anything Art Deco or roaring '20s-esque! Naturally, this has affected my taste in nail art, so today I’m going to show you a cute Deco-inspired nail design.
For this nail art design you'll need:
- Base coat color
- Striping tape
- A contrasting second color
- Top coat
Follow the steps below to create this look!
- Paint your nails with your chosen base color and add a fast drying top coat like Seche Vite.
- When your base is completely dry, add some striping tape in a suitably art deco design. Make sure you leave the tape hanging over the edges of your nail so it’s easy to pull off later.
- One nail at a time, paint your second color straight over the top of the tape and remove the tape while the polish is still wet.
- When you’ve finished creating your design, top it off with a good top coat. You may need to use two layers to smooth out any bumps.
This is how your striping tape arrangement should look just before you paint over it.
For more nail art inspiration, visit Sammy at The Nailasaurus!