Christmas is about family, food, giving, and much more. But the holiday season is especially about love, and what better way to show your other half how much you love him than by kissing him under the mistletoe? Now you don't even have to buy mistletoe—you can just hold up your nails and give him a kiss he can't resist with these cute and easy mistletoe Christmas nails. You can also add a fun candy cane border to make your design stand out even more.
1. Paint your nails with a base coat. When the base coat dries, draw three small lines as shown at the base of your nail using a thin nail art brush.
2. Lightly sketch the shape of the mistletoe leaves. You can afford to make a couple of mistakes as you work out how your leaves will be spaced out.
3. Using a green nail polish, like OPI Don't Mess with OPI, fill in the leaves, starting from the top of the mistletoe and making your way to the tip of your nail.
4. Using a detailing brush, paint a bow in the space between the top of your mistletoe and the leaves. It's best to use a white polish first, like OPI Alpine Snow, and then paint over it neatly using a red polish, like Barry M Copa Cobana; otherwise the red won't stand out against the green nail polish.
5. Using the tip of your brush or a dotting tool, add small white berries to the leaves. To create the candy cane border, add white dots spaced apart, starting from the tops of your nails. I found it easier to do the top half first and then the second half to get even spacing.
6. Fill in between the white dots with red dots. When dry, add a fast-drying topcoat to seal in your mistletoe Christmas nails.
For more nail ideas from me, check out my blog One Nail to Rule Them All.