Whether you're celebrating Fourth of July, New Year's Eve, or simply feeling like a star, these pastel star nails are perfect for the occasion and can be created with only a few simple steps. The best part about this design is that it's easy to switch up the color scheme to match the time of year; plus, you can customize this nail look even more by adding as many or as few stars as you wish. To accomplish this design, you'll need a nail art detailing brush; nail polishes in nude, pink pastel, blue pastel, and glitter; and a clear topcoat. Let's get started!
1. Start by painting your nails with a nude base polish like Be There in a Prosecco by OPI. Using a pastel blue polish like OPI's Gelato on My Mind and a striping nail art brush, paint a stripe across the bottom half of your nail.
2. Repeat the previous step with a light pink pastel color like Barry M's Rose Hip polish, leaving a space between the two stripes.
3. Fill in the center of the pastel stripes with a glitter stripe. I used the Essie polish Beyond Cozy.
4. Next, use the glitter polish and a detailing nail art brush to draw the outline of a star on your accent nails. If you struggle to create a star, start by drawing five dots for the points of the star. Connect them by slowly drawing a thin line in between the dots.
5. Fill in the center of your stars with a pastel nail polish using a detailing brush.
6. Complete your starry mani by adding smaller, glittery stars to your other nails (you can skip this step if you prefer less bling). Finally, add a topcoat to seal your design in place.
Once your nails are dry, you're free to hit the town. Don't forget to show off your new mani! For more nail art designs from Alice, go to One Nail to Rule Them All.