I heart nail art. And although I'm not a massive celebrator of Valentine's Day, I do enjoy the holiday, because I do a ton of heart and floral designs, which are two of my favorites. For this look, I've combined the two, so every girl can get hearts and flowers for Valentine's Day! Here's how:
1. Paint your nails with your base color. I chose a pinkish red (Parade by Liz Earle) and white (White by Mash) and alternated the polish colors. You can always do this nail art design with just one base color but I think it looks more interesting with two different polish colors.
2. Using a small paintbrush, draw on the hearts in the opposite nail polish color. I like to use a dotting tool or a nail art pen for this step. To draw a pretty heart, try this technique. Draw three dots in a triangle to mark the size and placement. Then start at the top and work your way down to the point, filling in the design.
3. Using a small brush or dotting tool draw 5 small dots for a flower and fill in the middle if necessary. (I used Refresh Mint by China Glaze, Out of the Blue by Nail Art, and Berry Cosmo by Barry M.)
4. Repeat this with your other colors.
5. Using a thin brush, dotting tool or nail art pen, outline your design in black acrylic paint.
6. Seal your design with a Seche Vite topcoat, and your design is done!
Here's a Pin-able version of all the steps with a finished shot, too. Have fun with it!
For more great nail art tutorials and tips from Alice, check out OneNailtoRuleThemAll!