If you aren't getting roses from your S.O.—or lack thereof—this Valentine's Day, don't worry. You can give yourself the gift of roses with this easy and inexpensive nail makeover. These polka-dot nails are fun enough to celebrate the day without being too ostentatious for the office. So, no need to worry about going into work the day after Valentine's and having to take them off.
To get this flowery look, you'll need a nail art brush, a white or nude polish, a pink polish, a darker pink polish, a green polish, a black polish, a dotting tool (or a toothpick), and finally a topcoat.
1. Paint your nails with a white or nude base color like Barry M's Cream Soda.
2. Using a nail art brush and pink polish—I used Barry M's Miami—draw circular shapes on your nails. I say "shapes" because these don't need to be perfect; if anything they should be slightly uneven.
3. Using a white polish and a nail art brush, add lines at the inside of your rose, starting from the inside and working outward. You can make it up as you go along.
4. Using a darker pink polish—like Barry M's Get Set Go—go around the lighter lines to plump up your rose shapes.
5. Using a green polish—I used OPI's I'm So Swamped—add leaves. I chose to make my leaves wispy lines, but you can add regular leaves if you prefer.
6. Using the tip of your nail art brush (or a dotting tool/toothpick if you prefer), draw polka dots in black around your roses. I used MASH's Black Stamping polish. You can either have full polka-dots nails or limit the dots to half the nail as shown. Be sure to add a topcoat to seal in your design.