Thanks to the boho trend and music festivals, Aztec nail art is a customizable summer favorite. You can mix any colors and patterns to get the nail look you're looking for. But this time, I wanted to combine the Aztec print with my favorite color palette: pastels. To get a look like mine, you'll need polishes in light pink, yellow, blue, darker pink, and white; a base coat; a striping brush; a nail art brush; and a matte topcoat.
1. Paint your nails with a light base color. Light pink is best if you want a look similar to mine. I used Nails inc.'s Mayfair Lane.
2. Using a striping brush, add a horizontal, baby blue stripe to your nails.
3. Repeat step 2 with pink.
4. Repeat in yellow. Make sure to mix up the color order to give the look some variety.
5. Using a thin nail art brush and white acrylic paint or nail polish, add details to your nails. I drew a mixture of lines, shapes, and dots. Make it look as random as possible.
6. Add a topcoat to seal in your design. I used a matte topcoat, but you can use a shiny topcoat, if you prefer.
For more nail art from Alice, go to One Nail to Rule Them All.