Christmas means it's time for something special—aside from family fun—and that is glitter nails! I use glitter throughout the year, but Christmas is the time to go overboard and make every nail design shimmer, because why not? With this nail art tutorial, I'll show you how to put a design atop the glitter. You'll need glitter base coat, white acrylic paint, a nail art brush, bright-colored polishes (want to use red and green?), a topcoat—and, if you like, colorful studs.
1. Paint on your glitter base coat. You may need two coats to get a solid glitter surface.
2. Using white acrylic paint and a nail art brush, draw stars on your dry nails. I left my thumb and ring finger plain so I could add studs later, but you can paint them if you wish. The best way to do stars is to practice them on paper first!
3. Add a variety of other shapes to your glitter nails, including swirls and hearts.
4. Fill in your shapes with a range of bright and fun colors, or you can use red and green polish colors for a Christmas look.
5. Add studs to your accent nails. Finish off with a topcoat to seal in your design. Now you have fabulous glitter nails!
For more nail art designs from Alice, go to One Nail to Rule Them All.