Inspired by pattern-happy, vivid brands Vera Bradley and Lily Pulitzer, I created this paisley nail art with fun colors and a mix of stripes and paisley. The accent nail in this design is actually the only nail featuring a solid polish color. (In most nail art, the accent nail features a design.) Before you get started, soak your hands in warm water, then clean and shape the nails.
Here's what I used:
- Xtreme Wear Green with Envy
- Kiss Pink
- Kiss Blue
- Nina Ultra Like Butta
- China Glaze White on White
- Orly Clear
- Top Coat
- Thin nail art brush
- Small, medium, and large dotting tools
Here's how to get the look:
1. Paint your nails with a clear top coat.
2. Paint the thumb and pinky finger with a white polish. Paint the pointer finger with a yellow polish, middle finger with a green polish, and your ring finger with a blue polish.
3. Take your thin nail art brush and paint the outline of an angled tear drop on your pointer and middle finger. With what space is left on the tip of your nail, paint the outline of half an angled teardrop. With that same thin nail art brush paint stripes on your thumb and pinky nail.
4. Place a dot with your large dotting tool in the large end of each teardrop.
5. Extend your large dot to mimic the teardrop that outlines it with a small nail art brush.
6. Depending on how much room is in side the paisley, fill in the space with small and medium dots. Wait 30 minutes and then finish off the design with a clear top coat.
Here's a Pin-able version with all the steps and a finished image. So fun!