I love the way the vibrant green fruit of kiwi contrasts with the black seeds and white center. The fruit was easy to translate into easy summer nails. My one bit of advice would be to be careful wearing this nail art out: It almost looks good enough to eat. Follow these simple steps for delicious kiwi nails!
Here is what you'll need:
- Base Coat
- Lime Green Polish
- White Polish,
- Thin Nail Art Brush
- Medium Dotting Tool
- Black Polish
- Small Dotting Tool
- Top Coat
1. Clean off all your nails and shape them to the desired look. Apply a clear base coat to all your nails. Paint your thumb, pinky and middle nails lime green. Paint your pointer and ring fingernails white.
2. Paint a half circle of lime green on your white nails from the middle of your finger to the tip.
3. Use a white polish brush to create the look of the white core of the kiwi. Paint white circles or half circles on your nails as shown.
4. Dip the tip of your thin nail art brush into white polish and paint little lines radiating out of the white core on each of the kiwi designed nails.
5. Use a medium dotting tool and dip it in black polish. Create "seeds" in the fruit's white core between each of the lines.
6. Make a smaller black dot on top of each medium dot with your small dotting tool. Once the dots have dried, add a top coat to protect your nail art, and that's it!
These summer nails are going to be a great hit at your next picnic. Just be sure not to bite your nails!
For more nail art tutorials by Jocelyn, visit PolishPedia.com.