Peacock Feather Nail Art
Nail art designs of a feather flock together! This peacock feather nail art design re-creates the look of the world’s most exotic plumage with layers of swirling circles. Here’s how to get the look.
You'll be fanning your fingers for all your friends to see once you master this feather nail art design. To achieve the perfect polished plumage, you'll need a small nail art brush. This set has 15 great tools, and I would trim one of the long striping brushes down to a more controllable length. In addition to a top coat and base coat, you'll also need these colors:
- White base (like ORLY Au Champagne)
- Light green (like China Glaze Shore Enuff)
- Dark teal that complements the light green (like essie Ruffles & Feathers)
- Light blue (like OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui)
- Dark blue that complements the light blue (like OPI Road House Blues)
- Copper metallic (like OPI Rising Star)
To begin, start with a base of two coats of white polish.
1. Paint an egg shape in copper metallic.
2. Outline the copper with light green, tapering to a point on each end.
3. Paint a light blue egg shape inside the copper.
4. With dark teal, paint wispy lines along the light green, in the directions shown.
5. Paint a fat, upside down heart inside the light blue with the dark blue.
Finish your look with a top coat. This will protect your manicure from chips and will speed up the drying time so you can start showing off your look. You can do peacock feathers on all your nails, or just a few as I did. Try them in different directions for added flair!