Show Your Holiday Spirit With These Christmas Holly Nails
Create a blank canvas for your holiday nail art by removing a portion of the base coat with acetone. This technique creates a bare field to frame your holiday art for fun and festive Christmas nails.
It's been quite a while since I've done negative space nail art, and I thought it would be fun to combine the technique with a Christmas design. I love the look of these Christmas nails with the framed holly, and I hope you do, too. Merry Christmas!
1. Paint your nails white, and let dry.
2. Using a cotton swab dipped in acetone, remove a circle from the center of your nail. You can clean up the edges with a brush dipped in acetone for a precise line if you like.
3. Using a small nail art brush, add a trio of holly leaves to the center of your nails with green polish. This is best done slowly. You can always make the negative space a bit bigger if the design looks too small for your hand.
4. Using a nail art brush or a dotting tool and red polish, add three dots to the center of your holly leaves for the berries.
5. Using the tip of a nail art brush and gold nail polish, add dots at even intervals around your negative space. Once the dots are dry, add a matte topcoat to protect the design, and your Christmas nails are done!
For more nail art designs from Alice, go to One Nail to Rule Them All.