Spotted Owl Nail Art Design How-To
Dress up your nails with this stylized version of the wisest of woodland creatures. Whooo can create this two-tone owl nail-art design? Why, anyone. Here’s how.
There's something about doing owl nail art that's always cute yet classy. So when I saw this design by Oxygen Nails, I knew that I had to re-create it. Polka dots and owl nail art, what could be better? It's simple to create, so follow these steps for a no-fail mani! All you'll need are white nail polish, a thin nail art brush, dark blue (or black) nail polish, and a clear top coat.
1. Paint your nails with a base of white and let dry. Using a thin nail art brush and a dark blue (or black) nail polish, draw a tree branch across two nails.
2. Paint the body of the owl using a thin nail art brush and dark blue polish.
3. Paint details on the owl such as the wings and legs.
4. Paint white details on the owl using acrylic paint or white nail polish and a nail art brush. For the eyes and beak, add dots with a steady hand. Outline the wings and draw a belly.
5. Finish off the details, such as the pupils on the eyes and the feather detailing on the belly. Have less polish on your brush for this. Then, paint polka dots with the end of the nail art brush and let dry. Finish with a top coat to seal in your design! And there you have it–simple and cute owl nail art!
For more nail art designs from Alice, go to One Nail to Rule Them All.