Summer Nail Art: Sunset Palm Tree Nail Design
by Jocelyn Merkley
No beach vacation in your future? This palm tree nail art is almost as good as the real thing. Almost.
This palm tree nail art was inspired by sunshine, toes in the sand and the sound of waves crashing—all of my favorite things! For this nail art you will need a clear base coat, top coat, pink, yellow, white and black nail polishes, a nail art brush and a makeup sponge. Here’s how you do it.
1. Clean off all your nails and apply a clear coat of polish to all of them.
2. Apply two coats of white polish and let your nails dry completely. (Allowing your nails to dry before the next step ensures that the sponge won’t lift the white polish on your nails.)
3. Take a makeup sponge and on the square end, apply a stripe of pink polish and a stripe of yellow polish as shown.
4. Immediately apply the sponge to your nail and roll the sponge back and forth until the colors blend in the middle. You may need to apply more polish to the sponge and repeat the rolling process.
5. Use your black polish and a nail art brush to paint the beach on your middle finger, drawing it as a slant on your tip. Then draw a simple thin palm tree and fill in the bottom for the roots and the palms to make them look fuller. On both the index and ring fingers, add two birds, painting two small curves that connect in the middle. Let dry; add a fast-drying top coat.
6. Remove the polish that got on your skin using a cotton ball and polish remover.
Here’s a Pin-able version with all the steps. Bon voyage!
For more nail art from Jocelyn, visit PolishPedia.com.