A Sweater-Inspired Nail Art Design Anyone Can Do
Cozying up next to a collection of nail polishes offers little warmth on a cool fall or winter day, but this easy sweater nail art design—inspired by your favorite cable knit—will certainly leave you with a warm, cozy feeling. It’s sure to become your new cold-weather favorite!
I matched my nails to my favorite sweater, so I used Essie's Fierce and No Fear and OPI's Don't Pretzel My Buttons. But you can choose any two colors in the same family. Just make sure that one color is dark and the other is light for contrast. You'll also need a a base coat, a nail art brush, and a topcoat for this tutorial.
1. After a base coat, polish on two coats of the dark color. Let dry.
2. Paint a row of tiny X's down the center of your nail using a nail art brush and the light color.
3. Paint a straight vertical line on each side of the X's.
4. On one side of your nail, paint short, fat dashes—like the design of a cable-knit sweater.
5. On the other side of your nail, paint a wavy line in one direction.
6. Now paint a second wavy line, intersecting the first wavy line to create a chain. Let dry, and finish with a shiny or matte topcoat!
For more nail art design ideas from Katy, go to Nailed it.