Translating Trends: Floral Glitter Nail Art
If the price of runway fashion eludes you, try translating your favorite looks into wicked cool nail art. Here’s how I did it.
You never know where inspiration will strike. For me, it happened while perusing the web. I saw this gorgeous dress, and I knew I could create a floral nail art design that referenced the look.
I decided that the best way to create the mesh effect seen at the top of the dress would be to use a glitter base, so I used A-Nise Treat from Nicole by OPI. A coat of Seche Vite helped even out the texture of the polish. I used light pink, blue, green, yellow, and neon pink to create the flower shapes. A nail art brush and small dotting tool make it easy to create the flowers.
Here's how to get the look:
1. Paint your nails with your chosen base color.
2. Using a small nail art brush, draw 6 or 7 lines coming together to make a flower, leaving the space inside open.
3. Repeat this with the other colors.
4. Using the same nail art brush, or dotting tool, create smaller flowers near the nail bed by drawing five dots and leaving the space in the center open.
5. Repeat with other colors, making sure to leave a gap in the middle of your nail between the two sets of flowers. Let dry.
6. Finish off with a topcoat to seal your design.
Here's a Pin-able version with the step-by-step images and a finished image, too. Hurry up, Spring! Our nails are ready.
For more great nail art tutorials and tips from Alice, check out OneNailtoRuleThemAll!