Under the Sea: Octopus Summer Nail Art to Try
Everything is better down where it's wetter, even summer nail art! This cartoony octopus nail look is too cute to pass up. Luckily, you don't have to. Follow this tutorial to get the look yourself.
Whether you live on a beach or in the city, the perfect summer nail art is underwater-inspired. It's bright, colorful, and completely adorable. Plus, there's so much for inspiration: You can go nautical or nautilus, seashells or seahorses. This time, though, the octopus won out, and he is so cute! Don't worry—he's easier than you think. Round up a a base coat; a light blue base color; polishes in white, black, red, dark red, and light pink; a thin nail art or striping brush; dotting tools; and a topcoat.
1. Start every nail look with a protective base coat. Add a light blue base color. Then, using red nail polish, draw a circle in the center of your middle fingernail.
2. Using a thin nail art or striping brush, draw eight curved lines out from the circle as shown. Continue the eight legs onto your second and fourth nails, four legs on each. Flick the brush at the end to get a nice point on each leg.
3. Add shading using a darker red polish. Be sure to curl the ends of each tentacle.
4. Use the tip of a nail art brush to add light pink polka dots to the tentacles. Don't forget the tentacles on your middle fingernail!
5. Using a dotting tool and white polish, add eyes to the face of the octopus.
6. Finally, add black dots to the center of the eyes with a smaller dotting tool or a toothpick. Once that dries, add a topcoat to seal in your summer nail art.
For more nail art from Alice, go to One Nail to Rule Them All.