Update Your Fall Nails with This Fun Acorn Design
Fall is here, and there is no better time to try a twist on a nail art design that's perfect for when the weather starts to turn. This acorn nail art is fun and easy and is guaranteed to get you ready to embrace everything sweater weather has to offer.
There's no denying that autumn is here, whether you look outside or scroll through Pinterest. While we may all still want a bit of sunshine, there's such comfort in cuddling up with a cozy blanket and a cup of hot cocoa in front of the fire. These fall nails are inspired by acorns; however, you can bring a bit of brightness to them by using a pastel background. Want an even more festive look? Feel free to use an autumnal shade, but the lighter base really makes these fall nails stand out and makes them a little cuter too. If you lack a steady hand, you can alter the design to create acorns that are a little larger. There's something in this design for everyone. Follow these steps to create these fall nails at home:
1. Paint your nails with your pastel base color like the one I used, Barry M Kiss Me Quick. When dry, use a thin nail art brush to draw the shape of an acorn in dark brown (I used No 7 Beanie) on your nails. For the best result, start with creating the actual nut; then add the top and the stem.
2. Fill in the center of the nut with your nude color, leaving a gap around the edges as an outline. I used OPI Tiramasu for Two.
3. Repeat this process on your accent nails but on a larger scale; you may need to do more than one layer of the nude color on these nails as it may look patchy.
4. Using the tip of your nail art brush and your white acrylic, paint dots on the dark brown top of your acorn, and add lines as shown to create the light reflection on the nut.
5. To finish off your nails, add a matte topcoat to make the design stand out.
Want more nail art tutorials like this one? Check out my site, One Nail to Rule Them All for more inspiration!