Whimsical Santa Nail Art for the Ho-Ho-Holidays!
Christmas is fast approaching. It’s great to spend time with family and have a wonderful day, but the day wouldn’t be complete without a visit from Santa. Spread your cheer and give this whimsical Santa nail art a try!
Santa nail art isn't original—it's been done a thousand times, amiright?—so I wanted to do something a bit different. In England we have a song about Santa getting stuck in a chimney, so I thought that would be quite fitting for these nails.
1. Paint your nails with a dark blue base color. I used one with silver glitter to give it more of a wintry feel, but you could use a plain blue. Then add brown to the tips of your nails using a nail art brush, the brush from the bottle, or a dotting tool.
2. Using a striping brush and black nail polish or acrylic paint, add the bricks of the chimney. I started with the stripe across the nails and then added in the vertical lines for the bricks.
3. Using a dotting tool and white nail polish, add snow to the top of each chimney.
4. Draw the shape of Santa's face and beard using white polish and a dotting tool. Then, using red polish and a nail art brush, add a hat and draw Santa's legs on an alternate finger.
5. Using a nude polish, add Santa's face to the center of the white, leaving space around the edge for Santa's beard and the edge of the hat. Then, using a dotting tool, add a bobble to the end of Santa's hat and add white to the edge of his trousers.
6. Add extra details. I added eyes, a nose, and rosy cheeks for Santa, but you might want to add just eyes. I also added black shoes to Santa's legs. All details were done with a dotting tool and a thin nail art brush. Add a top coat to seal in your design, and your Santa nail art is done.
For more holiday nail art from Alice, go to One Nail to Rule Them All.