The Best Hydrating Face Mask You Can Make for Your Skin This Winter
Give your skin some moisture with this easy and beneficial oatmeal face mask made with three simple ingredients. Skip the expensive skincare when products with great benefits are sitting in the refrigerator.
In need of some serious skin therapy at little cost? This DIY face mask is perfect for any skin type searching for moisture and a dewy complexion this winter. This mask is made with three simple ingredients: yogurt, oatmeal, and honey. The oatmeal will help soften your skin while the yogurt with help hydrate your skin. Skip the expensive skincare and reward your skin at an affordable price with the best DIY face mask for winter.
Here is what you will need:
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup of uncooked oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon of honey
Steps for making the DIY face mask:
- Start by washing your face and neck (be sure to remove any makeup).
- Mix the plain yogurt and uncooked oatmeal in a large bowl.
- Add the honey to the mixture, and stir well.
- Apply ingredients to your face using fingers or a clean foundation brush.
- Let sit on the skin for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Wash off the face mask with warm water, and apply normal moisturizer.
Tips from the writer:
- Don't double the recipe if trying the mask with a friend; you will already have enough for two faces
- Chop up the oatmeal into small pieces so the mask isn't as chunky and goes on your skin more easily.
- Try cooling the mixture in the refrigerator after step 3 for 5 to 10 minutes so it hardens enough to stay well on your face.
Here are some other great DIY face masks to try: