Recently, Donald Trump has again come under fire for his sexist, racist and body-shaming remarks toward former Miss Universe Alicia Machado. However, if you've seen the presidential candidate on TV, or happen to follow any of his... er, cringeworthy social media accounts––you know that these kind of comments toward and about women are not uncommon. However, considering that the genetic makeup of America is 51 percent women, it is a rather bemusing approach for a candidate, and one that we could have never expected in this day and age.
Don't believe us? Here are 10 (and there are many, many more) instances where Donald Trump brought the term "misogynist" upon himself.
1. When he argued that sexual assault is only to be expected in the military
26,000 unreported sexual assults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 7, 2013
2. When he used Bill Clinton's alleged adultery against Hillary...and then tried to get rid of the evidence.
3. He also has no problem calling out individual women on their appearances (because what else are we good for?).
While @BetteMidler is an extremely unattractive woman, I refuse to say that because I always insist on being politically correct.— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 28, 2012
.@BetteMidler talks about my hair but I'm not allowed to talk about her ugly face or body --- so I won't. Is this a double standard?— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 28, 2012
4. And that time he showed how well he handles someone who disagrees with his stances. (Good thing everyone agrees with you when you're president, right?...)
.@cher should spend more time focusing on her family and dying career!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 13, 2012
5. Or there was the instance when he deemed mothers who breastfeed to be disgusting.
The TIME Magazine cover showing late age breast feeding is disgusting--sad what TIME did to get noticed. @TIME— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 14, 2012
6. And if this doesn't sound like a third grade fight...
Sorry, @Rosie is a mentally sick woman, a bully, a dummy and, above all, a loser. Other than that she is just wonderful!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 9, 2014
7. He also has proven to be particularly charming toward Huffington Post founder Arianna Huffington.
How much money is the extremely unattractive (both inside and out) Arianna Huffington paying her poor ex-hubby for the use of his name?— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 7, 2015
.@ariannahuff is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man- he made a good decision.— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 28, 2012
8. Remember when he implied that women were not fit to be in military combat? (What year is this again?)
Maybe I’m old fashioned but I don’t like seeing women in combat.— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 25, 2013
9. Or that memorable time that he didn't like the questions Fox reporter Megyn Kelly had asked, so he blamed it on her period. Wow.
Re Megyn Kelly quote: "you could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever" (NOSE). Just got on w/thought— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 8, 2015
10. And finally, even after receiving backlash from body-shaming Machado, he decided it would be a good idea to slut-shame her, too.
Did Crooked Hillary help disgusting (check out sex tape and past) Alicia M become a U.S. citizen so she could use her in the debate?— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 30, 2016