With thick locks, naturally tan skin and a practically flawless complexion, every brown girl is envied for being blessed in the beauty department. Little do people know that a lot of time, effort and money goes into the upkeep of all that. Here are 19 beauty struggles only brown girls understand (and manage to keep a secret, for the most part).
1. Then moment you realize you can't go any longer without shaving.
2. But it's utterly pointless because you are prickly just an hour later.
3. So you decide to attempt waxing yourself.
4. But realize you should probably just spend $100 and get it done by a professional.
5. But then have to deal with the thousands of ingrown hairs all over your body.
6. When you realize that laser hair removal only works on people with light, thin hair.
7. When you get your entire face threaded for $50.
8. And then wake up the next morning to realize everything's growing back already.
9. The moment you realize bleaching your facial hair is the way to go.
10. When you go through an entire bottle of conditioner in a week, but still have half a bottle of shampoo left.
11. When your bath tub clogs up again because, hair.
12. When you have to blend two different kinds of foundations together to get a tone that actually matches your skin.
13. When you try popping a bad pimple and it leaves a light toned scar on your face for months.
14. When you try brushing your hair straight out of the shower.
15. When it takes you 45 minutes to curl your hair.
16. And it falls out in about 10.
17. When your dark circles are accentuated every time you don't wear eyeliner.
18. When you try to pull off dark lipstick and end up looking like a 40-year-old.
19. When you realize it's all worth it in the end because you know you're #flawless just the way you are.