1. Simply getting a new ID does not automatically make you a cooler person.
2. And just because you traded in your fake for the real deal after turning 21, doesn't mean you won't get scrutinized every time you order a drink.
3. Your alcohol tolerance will remain exactly the same.
4. So know your limits.
5. Heels are cute, but for pre-gaming pictures only.
6. Yes pre-gaming will still be a thing, because getting drunk at a bar ain't cheap. (Check out these 13 Easy Cocktail Recipes to make at home.)
7. That "AMAZING" place you couldn't get into before, isn't actually amazing at all.
8. It's totally worth spending an extra dollar on better liquor.
9. Because cheap, sugary drinks will make you hate your life the rest of the weekend.
10. You will never have to worry about finding fun things to do.
11. But bars will never compare to house parties.
12. Buying a drink with every meal is a great way to break the bank. FAST.
13. You are still going to get a pit in your stomach every time someone asks to see your ID.
14. Prepare to experience the absolute worst hangovers.
15. Which is why water is now your BFF for life.
16. Your metabolism will slow down. So be careful. (These low-cal cocktail recipes might help.)
17. Which is why not drinking sometimes is perfectly acceptable.
18. Boys will still be boys.
19. And whenever someone breaks your heart, you're still going to call your mom.
20. In fact, everything your parents ever advised will start to make perfect sense.
21. At the end of the day you're a year older, and you'll quickly realize that it only goes downhill from here.