Every tried and true comic book/TV/movie/fandom lover knows Comic Cons are more than mass conventions — they're a lifestyle. Thousands of fans from all corners of the globe gather together to celebrate anything and everything nerdy, whether it's a new superhero film or a beloved comic strip character.
Perhaps the best part of these comic cons are the incredible cosplays, where people dress up as their favorite villains, pop culture icons, or even Jabba the Hutt and stay in character all Con long.
New York Comic Con 2016 featured some of the best cosplayers we've ever witnessed, and now we must pay tribute to these stunners like the obsessed fans we are. Nerds, unite!
1. This Gorgeous Gender-Bending Thor
2. This Not So Sweet Demon Sugar Plum Fairy
3. This Super-Cute Star Wars Cosplay Fam
4. A Red Hot Realistic Female Hellboy
5. This Scary Chic Version of Carrie
Rachel McGahey, 21, From Middlesex, NJ made her own Carrie costume from a thrift store dress, and a mix of stage blood and red paint. Plus a cardboard bucket suspended over her head (and dollar-store tiara) with wire. She hopes to study fashion design and make costumes for movies and TV. At @newyorkcomiccon, she said, "no one looks at you weird." #nytassignment @nytimes #nytweekender #nycc #comiccon #carrie #costume #cosplay
6. This Beautifully Accurate Representation of Autumn
7. The Best Vintage Catwoman Cosplay Ever
"We are not in control. Every now and then life likes to reiterate that little point. Some people find such reminders disconcerting. They spend their lives in breathless pursuit of meaningless goals, hoping to forget everything they know about their own mortality. Some people anchor themselves to something larger. Religion, Art, Justice. Anything they deem significant in a life that's not. We are not in control. If we were, surely we'd know better than to care about anything." - Catwoman #bellamalattia #ghostlikecrime #selinakyle #nycc #nycc16 #catwomancosplay #dccomics #womenofdc #girlswhocosplay #cosplay #reevzfx #vengeancedesigns
8. The Most Incredible Mystique Cosplay, Hands Down
9. The Long-Awaited Return of the Brave Little Toaster
10. Nothing Strange About This Too Real Stranger Things Cosplay
11. This Completely Bonkers/Awesome Overwatch Costume
12. This Fun Naruto Cosplay
13. This Sweet Princess Peach
14. This Perfect Iron (Wo)man
15. These Pocket-Sized Pokémon
Which one is your favorite?